Monday, June 22, 2009

The first dog I loved



The first dog I knew was a Terrier named Misty. These photos are from when we dog sat her.I was four or five when this happened.My grandma dropped her off because they went on vacation and didn't want to leave her home alone at an elderly age. We were so excited to watch her for a week,we were bouncing off the walls( or so you know what I mean). In this picture you noticed she is shaved (and normally her hair on her head is much longer she can hardly see).That day we took her to Pets Mart and she got a hair cut from a professional,even though we could have had my dad do it at home for free.
Anyway when ever we visited my grandma's she was always there to greet us. Until one day we went and she wasn't there at the door,and earlier(maybe a month or so before that) at Peter Piper Pizza,I was about seven or so,my grandma told me about the tragic death of Misty. One day my grandma and grandpa went to church with Misty in the back yard,they have an orchard with a gate separating it and she got skinnier at old age, and she some how squeezed though the bars. My grandparents have coyotes in the orchard and we think they ate her it's either that or she escaped through the other gate,but at the age of 18 we just say that that's how she disappeared.
I always have dreams about her coming back. I'll share one of them, "Once I went to my Grandma Misty's House( We call her grandma misty because she owned her)and I looked out the window that shows the Backyard and I saw her running in the orchard and she squeezed through the gate and she was at the back door waiting for me. I opened it she jumped on me liked me and then I woke up. I was so devastated she wasn't there on my bed or I would never see her again. I just know got over the fact that she's in a better place now. Probably running in a doggy park or chasing squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment